Worst of NYC Craigslist Bike Ads #19

There are few qualities less attractive than desperation. This is especially true when it comes to Craigslist ads and bicycles. An ad that might not have bothered you so much the first time becomes increasingly objectionable with every same-day re-post and $20 price drop. This is one such ad. It seems like every time I visit Craigslist it's up there in some new iteration, and it's becoming like sitting next to some pervert on the subway who keeps putting his hand in your lap.

Fetish track/FIXED GEAR bike...less than 100 miles! 50cm - $850 (Inwood / Wash Hts)




Reply to: [deleted]

Date: 2007-09-03, 10:38AM EDT

Fetish Cycles Position track bike. $850/obo (extra goodies included at $850...see below) This is a custom build, and has been ridden for less than 100 miles. Bike weighs about 16 lbs!! Light and very fast. I am a bike mechanic and take very good care of my bikes. I am willing to provide service to the buyer.

OK, admittedly I'm a little uptight, but when I see "fetish," "position," and "I am willing to provide service to the buyer" in the same paragraph, my first instinct is to move on. You sure you didn't mean to put this in "Erotic Services?"

feel free to send me other offers.

In light of the above...eew.

Specs:

-frame: Fetish Cycles Position aluminum track frame, size: 50cm (decals are removable stickers!!)

Oooh, removable! That means I can replace them with stickers from companies like Fortynine Sixteen and Zoo York, as well as hilarious phrases like "My Nuts are Titanium," "One Less Car," and "This Bike Is A Pipe Bomb!" Tell me more!

-fork: carbon bladed fork (beautiful fork! check detail pic of cutout!!)

I would, but the photo looks like it was taken from space. It's more obscured than a pair of breasts on network television. From what I can see, though, I will say I've seen nicer forks on paper placemats.

-headset: Cane Creek IS sealed bearing headset

Okay.
-wheelset: Alex Crostini rims laced to Formula track hubs (these are the wheels that come on the Fuji Track Pro)

Yawn.

-Bontrager Race Lite Hard Case tires, front and rear (great grip and excellent puncture resistance)

Best tire ever.

-crank: FSA Vigorelli crankset w/48t chainring

Ugly and ISIS--my two favorite qualities in a crank.

-WTB Shadow V Progel saddle attached to Bontrager Sport seatpost

Wow, it's already attached. You are a mechanic, aren't you?

-NOTE: bar setup option: ITM Mantis 120mm road stem w/Ritchey Pro road drop bar ---OR--- Ritchey WCS 105mm road stem w/Ritchey Pro aerobase (bullhorn) bar. see pics for different setups.

In other words, you can set this up as a really ugly race bike, or as a really ugly posing bike. Sweet!

NOTE:

If you buy the bike for $850, you will also receive these extra goodies:

-both bar setups listed above (so you can change according to your mood!)

Do you have a bar setup for "irritated?" Because that's what I'm feeling now.

-Xpedo Ti SPD clipless pedals (these pedals retail for over $200!!!) email me for pic.

Yes, please email me a crappy satellite photo of your overpriced Wellgo pedals. The ones in the Nashbar catalog aren't clear enough.

-four (4) track cogs (14, 16, 17, 18), one (1) track lockring, one (1) freewheel lockring (for the flip side of the hub), and one (1) Hogan lockring wrench (cogs and rings shown in pics)

This is one (1) ugly bike. You've posted it about fifty (50) times already and it hasn't sold. Perhaps now is the time (x) to take it to eBay (eBay). By the way, unless the Hulk's making bike tools now, that's a Hozan wrench you're including.

email me with any questions, or for larger pics, or call/text [deleted]. Thanks!

Yes, please send a 5' by 10' print of this one so I can put it in my living room. I have a fetish for ugly bikes and poor photography. And I particularly like this one, because the bike looks like some hideous farm animal, and the cogs look like its droppings:


automotive ,automotive news ,automotive magazine,automotive industry outlook 2012,automotif,automotive magazine automotive ,automotive news ,automotive magazine,automotive industry outlook 2012,automotif,automotive magazine