First Time Stitches

Yesterday, in a weird twist of fate, I almost got run over by a car and ended up with stitches after impaling myself on a part of my bike (the fenders?) .  I was just sitting at a fresh red light when a car came careening straight towards me through the red light.  To avoid a collision, I threw myself (with my bike) to the left.  Sheer adrenaline kicked in and after the narrow miss I realized I had impaled my leg on my bike down to the bone, yech. I'm doing fine, and only needed five stitches, but so far I think August should be National Bicycle Crash Awareness month.

Don't want to be a downer, so I promise no more graphic injury photos after this ; )   I have lots more Bike Fancy photos waiting in the wings.


*** Northwestern Urgent care center is the BEST.  In and out in about an hour, and all the doctors are dreamboats. 
automotive ,automotive news ,automotive magazine,automotive industry outlook 2012,automotif,automotive magazine automotive ,automotive news ,automotive magazine,automotive industry outlook 2012,automotif,automotive magazine