Jana, N Milwaukee Ave & N Damen Ave , Chicago, IL

Jana rides a Motobecane Grand Touring road bike from Working bikes

A love letter to Working Bikes
Dear Working Bikes,
     I have been photographing cyclists in Chicago for about 1 year now, and I am constantly amazed at how many people you provide bikes to, and how many bikes you are able to save from the waste stream.  I've see your sticker on bikes from Rogers Park, to Pullman, to Hermosa, and everywhere in between.  The fact that you can do that AND send bikes to Africa is truly astounding. Thanks for providing Chicago with a low cost way to get a bike and support a good cause.
~xoxo Bike Fancy

Tell me more about your bike and where you got it? It's a Motobecane Grand Touring, from Working Bikes. The good fellows at Boulevard Bikes helped get it in working order for me.
What are you wearing?   The tag says it's from Cole Haan, but I got it at a flea market. My hat's from Una Mae's, and my scarf was a present.
Where are you going? Meeting a friend at Big Star for some lunch. (okay I'm going to be totally self-referential and link to one of my food photos)
Why ride? I don't like to exercise, but I like getting places quickly. And it beats public trans, time-wise.
Favorite ride? Getting caught in the pouring rain is the best, if you have no need to be dry wherever you're going. 
While riding you …? Mostly just look out! 
How can Chicago improve bike infrastructure or make Chicago more bike friendly? We're doing alright. The more bike lanes, the better, but I think everyone needs to just be very aware that when you take to the road (by car, bike, on foot, stroller, or however) that your actions are affecting the safety of you and the people around you.
automotive ,automotive news ,automotive magazine,automotive industry outlook 2012,automotif,automotive magazine automotive ,automotive news ,automotive magazine,automotive industry outlook 2012,automotif,automotive magazine