Ruby, 2500 Block of North Kedzie, Chicago, IL

Ruby rides a Schwinn World sport called Black Betty from A Nearly New Shop.

Where are you going? To Boulevard Bikes. My dear Betty is missing her chain!
Tell me about your bike, and where you got it? My bike, Black Betty, is a Schwinn World from the '80s or '90s I assume...adopted from Nearly New in Lakeview.
What are you wearing? I'm wearing a red hat with awesome ear-warming abilities, blue wrap skirt and boots that are all from thrift stores. My "stuffed animal" coat is from an estate sale in Seattle, and my gloves were my grandma's. 
Why ride? Chicago is wonderfully flat - why not?
Favorite ride? I don't know if I have a favorite, but I like biking down Webster Ave at night. No potholes, virtually no street lights or traffic - its perfect.
While riding you …? Worry about all the different ways I could be hit by a car.
How can Chicago improve bike infrastructure or make Chicago more bike friendly? Chicago streets need clearly defined bike lanes so bikers can feel safe and drivers can watch where they're going.
Any other tips? Don't bike in Wrigleyville after a Cubs game or some drunk guy will push you off your bike into a telephone poll for a laugh. And wear a helmet!!
automotive ,automotive news ,automotive magazine,automotive industry outlook 2012,automotif,automotive magazine automotive ,automotive news ,automotive magazine,automotive industry outlook 2012,automotif,automotive magazine