Songbird, W Illinois St & N Franklin St, Chicago, IL

I'm back from vacation! Europe was wonderful and has lots of infrastructure elements I would love to see brought to Chicago.  Look out next week for travel photos!  


Lauren rides a 1960's Schwinn Jaguar cruiser rebuild from craigslist.


What are you wearing?
This dress is a resale find and the flats are from Diana's shoes
Make/model color of your bike, and where you got it?
This is Bruiser the Cruiser.  It's a 1960's Schwinn Jaguar frame - a good craigslist find that I powder-coated and re-built.  I started riding it when I resolved to stop living my life as a teenage boy on a fixed gear with a giant messenger bag, and started embracing adult womanhood.  I've never looked back.
Where are you going? I'm on my way to work.
Why ride? There are a million reasons - I'm no Republican. 
The best thing about a biking commute is getting a chance to be outside and get a little wild before and after the tameness of sitting at work all day - I strongly recommend this ritual to anyone concerned about becoming a work zombie!
Favorite ride?
My favorite ride is any ride where the wind is at my back.  A rare and beautiful phenomenon.
While riding you …?
whistle, get a good look at things.
How can Chicago improve bike infrastructure or be more bike friendly?
I think the city needs to take a little more responsibility for raising awareness.  Post signs about the separated bike lanes - people don't realize they're about to cut off a bike when they turn across them.  Actually, more signs about watching out for bikes in general.  There should be a sentence on every parking sign about looking before you fling your car door open too.

automotive ,automotive news ,automotive magazine,automotive industry outlook 2012,automotif,automotive magazine automotive ,automotive news ,automotive magazine,automotive industry outlook 2012,automotif,automotive magazine