Mandy, N Damen Ave & W Cornelia Ave, Chicago, IL

Mandy rides a green Trek 720

Tell me more about you bike, and where you got it? My bike is a green Trek, model 720. It was actually a gift from my parents when I was about 10 years old. Our family spent a lot of summers riding on Bike Across Kansas (BAK), and I've been riding the same bike since!
Where are you going?
I'm going to work - helping clean/set up for a new Italian restaurant opening in Wicker Park this month.
Why ride? 
I've discovered that riding my bike is the most convenient, economical and efficient way to get around Chicago.  Also makes me feel good inside that it's environmentally friendly and gives me some exercise.
Favorite ride?
Favorite ride...would probably be anytime I get to ride along Lakeshore.
While riding you …? 
While riding I listen to music and have a dance party in my head.
How can Chicago improve bike infrastructure or make Chicago more bike friendly? 
Chicago feels very bike friendly to me, but one improvement I'd be happy to see is some sort of reminder (signs, perhaps?) for drivers to look behind them carefully before opening car doors into a bike lane (or anywhere, for that matter). I've seen/experienced a couple close calls!
automotive ,automotive news ,automotive magazine,automotive industry outlook 2012,automotif,automotive magazine automotive ,automotive news ,automotive magazine,automotive industry outlook 2012,automotif,automotive magazine