Rachel, W Haddon Ave & N Marshfield Ave, Chicago, IL

Rachel rides a Scattante road bike from Performance.



Where are you going?  I'm headed to work.  I am a hairdresser at Strange Beauty Show.

What are you wearing?  I am wearing layered lace tops from Penelope's with a white peter pan collar, my favorite pair of jeans, vintage boots from Etsy a Penfield plaid short puffy coat.  It's super warm (best investment ever), and snazzy triangle earrings from Eskell.  I try to be cute and stay warm during the winter...I am a hairdresser, so I gotta look like kinda' a girl.
Tell me more about bike, and where you got it? My bike is a Scattante from Performance....got the frame a few years ago and kinda' added stuff over time...my yellow chain is from Irv's bike shop in Pilsen...and the seat and fuschia peddles are both from Rapid Transit in Wicker Park.
Why ride? I ride because it's efficient and fun.....it really is the most time efficient way to get around the city...not paying for a car or contributing negatively to the urban landscape is a bonus.
While riding you... While riding I often think over my day...or kinda' prioritize stuff I gotta get done....try hard to focus on the road though....I have been known to ride and talk on my phone...I know that's not the safest.
Favorite ride? I love riding into any unfamiliar 'hood....urban adventures via bike are the best...
How can Chicago improve bike infrastructure or make Chicago more bike friendly?
Wider bike lanes....and encourage drivers to bike...at least some of the time.  Once a driver has an understanding of what it feels like to bike in the city, they usually  are much more aware of cyclists.
I got hit by the Fullerton bus a couple years ago....most intense accident I've been in....the bus side swiped me.  I was little scared to ride for a while, but I got back on pretty quick.
automotive ,automotive news ,automotive magazine,automotive industry outlook 2012,automotif,automotive magazine automotive ,automotive news ,automotive magazine,automotive industry outlook 2012,automotif,automotive magazine