Homeword Bowned: One More Travel Day

Today is the last of many travel days in a whirlwind BRA tour that has taken me everywhere from Hudson Street to Brindisi, Italy.  Very shortly I will scrape myself off of Italy's heel and board the series of planes that will eventually take me home to New York.  Then, it's back to the "easy life" in Brooklyn, by which I mean blogging in sweatpants and with slices of cucumber under each armpit to keep me delightfully cool.

You should try it.

Pending a full report, I will say that until I reached Brindisi, I thought I'd seen it all.  I'd seen a No Bike Day.  I'd seen a Half Bike Day.  I'd even seen a Three-Quarter Bike Day.  But I'd never seen a Full Bike Day.  Indeed, there were those who said a Full Bike Day couldn't be done.  They said it was impossible.  They said we were crazy to even try a Full Bike Day.

But we showed 'em.  We showed 'em good:



Yes, it was a no-holds-barred, tires-in-your-face, silhouetted-mountain-biker-descending-from-the-sky Full Bike Day:



Also, during my visit, I fulfilled many fantasies I didn't even know I had until they were actually coming true.  For example, I finally addressed a high school assembly:


I finally made the Gazzetta del Mezzogiorno:


And I finally spied the legendary Crazy Bike of San Vito dei Normanni:


You're probably wondering: "Was the Crazy Bike actually crazy?"

You're goddamn right it was.  In fact, it was so crazy they had to name it Crazy twice:

Now that's crazy.

In any case, wish me a pleasant flight, or wish me a miserable one as is your wont.  Either way, shortly I will embark, and I look forward to returning home and reoccupying my blogging chair which has been vacant far too often in recent weeks.

Until then, stay crazy.

--Wildcat Rock Machine


automotive ,automotive news ,automotive magazine,automotive industry outlook 2012,automotif,automotive magazine automotive ,automotive news ,automotive magazine,automotive industry outlook 2012,automotif,automotive magazine