creative commons flickr image from ubrayj02
The New York Times has a article on Los Angeles, a city normally overrun with cars, learning to embrace bicycling. Here's the link!
Thanks to our awesome meeting of bike folks last Thursday, we're planning some new exciting things with the BikeLab, such as a station for repairing bikes during lunchtime one day a week at Caltech's Chandler Cafe. Get your tires pumped, your flat fixed, make adjustments and your ride ready for the road. Stay tuned!
I was reminded yesterday of one of the benefits of biking to work when I met Paul Anzel and Eric Lubeck at a red light yesterday. We were all on our bikes. Paul said, "Now I suppose you're wondering why I called this meeting...". You can interact with your environment and other people on a bike. That's not something that typically happens when driving.
Margie and Srimoyee are also managing our new Twitter account @caltechbikelab! Follow @CaltechBikeLab
Blog Archive
Popular Posts
-
Another cool item from Steve Sharp's garage. The real deal from Berdoo. Quite possibly the coolest shop rag around.
-
Okay, I don't have a lot of time, and you don't have a lot of time, so let's get right to it. Just kidding! (Just kidding.) I ac...
-
In yet another stunning pro cycling revelation, it appears that three-time Tour de France winner Greg LeMond may have been involved in a Tac...
-
rode some very cool machines. Here's my top picks: Sonny B. aboard a perfect Knucklehead Bob Job in 1956. Note the high mounted mid foo...
-
Generally speaking, I don't have time for regret, and I feel it's best to make a quick peace with your mistakes and move on. I mean...
-
There's no surer way to start an argument among the different sects of cyclists than by discussing correct attire. From the baggy-short ...
-
After a week of travel, I am finally back home in my solar-powered log cabin in rural Vermont, the sweet smell of rotting compost wafting in...
-
I have a recurring nightmare in which I wake up in Minneapolis, Minnesota. So you can imagine my horror this morning when I awoke and disco...
-
I don't necessarily believe in mindlessly adhering to rules, but there are a few that should be obeyed at all times. Never date a music...
-
This will likely be the last full post I do on the show. Not to mention, by now, you've probably seen most of the same bikes over and o...
