This Just In: BSNYC Interviewed; "Save The Messengers" Campaign Abandoned

Firstly, I'm proud to report that the excellent Belgium Knee Warmers blog has posted an interview with me today. Frankly, I think featuring me on a classy blog like that is like spoiling a nice steel frame with a carbon rear triangle, but unlike many bike companies those guys seem to know what they're doing so I'm not going to worry about it. Many thanks to BKW.

Secondly, I'm sorry to report that the "Save The Messengers" campaign has officially Jumped The Shark. A loyal reader informs me that three celebrities have recently climbed on board:











It hardly warrants mentioning that when the preachy triumverate of Baldwin, Begley, and Anderson adopts a cause it's no longer cool. It's like when your favorite band licenses a song to a car company. And I don't know about you, but I flat out refuse to support something that's not cool. Consequently, I'm afraid the "Save The Messengers" campaign must now join Buddhism, Kabbalism, and animal rights in Ned's Atomic Dustbin of Unfashionable Causes.

But don't despair. No matter what the fate of the messenger, their aesthetic at least will be forever preserved in amber by those who emulate them. A reader recently forwarded me this video, which manages to simultaneously disgrace cycling, the city of San Francisco, and the rotting corpse of punk in less than two and a half minutes.



(Taking a final drag before swinging a leg over the fashion express.)



(Gig cancelled?!? Oh, the irony!)

And if you really want to experience the thrill of making deliveries by bicycle in a hostile environment, just get your hands on the 1984 video game classic, "Paperboy."



Indeed, after watching this video (also forwarded to me by a reader), it appears that the future of cycling is in 80s video games.

automotive ,automotive news ,automotive magazine,automotive industry outlook 2012,automotif,automotive magazine automotive ,automotive news ,automotive magazine,automotive industry outlook 2012,automotif,automotive magazine